Sunday, January 12, 2014

WIPs

I went through my cross stitch stuff to pull out my WIPs (work in progress)and found I only had two.
One is a birth announcement called Honey Bears.
This is the current progress:

and this is what it's supposed to look like when finished:

The other one is called Hummingbird and Bamboo. Current progress:

It will (hopefully) look like this when done:

So did I sit down to work on one of these? Noooooooo. I had to start something new.
I started Proud Iris on 16ct aida. I first tried 18ct aida, but I was having trouble seeing such small stitches so I changed to 16 ct.
This is how much I got done in two weeks:

I know it doesn't look like much yet.
I figured out that if I do 700 sts per week, I'll finish it in 5 years.
The design is 350 X 524 sts. I've never done a design this large, so I'm following some advice I found on a Ravelry group and marking gridlines to match the pattern. It's really helping to keep track of where I an in the pattern.

I've got a couple of small projects I plan to do, but I'll post about them later.

No comments: