Thursday, October 14, 2010

I love my Nook

A few weeks ago I decided to splurge and buy myself a Nook, the e-reader from Barnes & Noble.

I love it. Although I've downloaded a few books from Barnes & Noble, I mostly use it to read books downloaded from the public library, and to keep some pdf files at my fingertips. I've also downloaded a few free books from Project Gutenberg.

I'm able to get more reading done now, since I always have my reading material with me and can take advantage of otherwise lost time, such as that spent waiting in checkout lines.

Among the features of an e-reader that I like is the ability to increase the font size; the old eyesight isn't as keen as it used to be. I love the search function and the built in dictionary, too. It also has the capability to play mp3 audio files, but I find it distracting to listen to music while I'm reading.

There are a variety of covers available for the Nook, but I made my own using plastic canvas and some acrylic yarn. I'll eventually take some pictures and post them.

No comments: