Friday, December 15, 2006

Something new

I enjoy reading other people's blogs and looking at their pictures so... I decided to start one of my own.

I'm not a witty raconteur like the Yarn Harlot, nor a talented designer like Cookie, but I have been doing some things that are new to me, so I'll post about them.

I recently finished my first pair of socks. I made them for my cousin GG. She seemed to like them (she put them on right away), so I'm happy. I made these with KnitPicks Dancing on two circular needles. I knit both socks at the same time because I was afraid I might succumb to second sock syndrome.
I'm now ready to tackle my second pair. They will be for my brother M, who has a size 13 foot, so they'll probably take a while to complete.

I also recently made my first felted bag. It's for my niece NE. Her favorite colors are pink and purple, so I made it pink for her.


I'll be giving it to her next week. I hope she likes it.

I've got a couple other bags in progress. I'll post pictures of them as soon as they're finished.

Well, I think that's enough for my first post. We'll see how this blog thing goes.

No comments: